Tuning Into Your Intuition
Do you remember a time when you had a strong feeling and you knew exactly what to do? We have all had these experiences, yet most of the time the messages we receive and murky and far from clear cut. You may find yourself wondering, how on earth can I know what is the next step I need to take to: improve this relationship; be clearer in the decision I need to make; move further along my chosen path.
I'll just follow my intuition suddenly doesn't feel so simple anymore. So how can you cut through it all and feel clear and take steps forward? Well the short answer is that there are always times when the water appears muddy, and instead of stepping over or taking a best guess, the best thing we can do is to be patient, to sit with what is until the mud settles. The other part of the answer is through practice.
Yes you can practice using your intuition, you can practice tuning into what is present in you (which is what your intuition uses). Developing a mindfulness practice is just that - developing more ways to listen to you. This can be a sit down practice but it doesn't need to be. All you need is an intention to start being more curious about yourself.
Some ideas for how to cultivate great self awareness:
• Firstly, don't be hard on yourself, rather be curious and compassionate towards yourself;
• Notice when something happens that triggers something inside of you e.g. your tummy goes into a knot every time X happens and when you can simply watch that sensation;
• Notice when you feel peaceful, notice when you feel agitated
• Notice what things you say to yourself
• Become more aware of when life feels easy / hard
• Tune into all your senses
• Be aware of your breath and watch your breath a few times coming in and out each time you remember.
• Spend some time sitting alone, this could be done in nature.
What you are doing here is making an effort to get to know you. It is important that you hold a curious, watching, observing stance with yourself, because that is how you can open up to yourself. Imagine if you hold judgement against yourself each time you notice a particular trait, you might notice a tendency to hide that trait away or to become annoyed at yourself. neither of these things facilitates greater self knowledge
So what are you waiting for - start getting curious about the most important person in your world - you. Knowing yourself better will make decisions easier, it will also help you create more harmonious relationships and benefit everyone around you.
252706 - 2023-07-18 07:40:55