Things I Feel Gratitude For
Image Marie Vonow
This morning I was driving home from buying groceries when I decided to list ten things I felt gratitude for at that particular time. As I had just been shopping the things I initially thought of were connected to food and shopping. The first things that came to mind were
• Having money so I can buy groceries
• Access to a variety of supermarkets, butchers, greengrocers, bakeries etc to buy food from
• Having a reliable car to use when I go shopping. Yes, it’s twenty six years old but it is reliable and so easy to find in the car park with its yellow paint work.
My mind then wandered to non grocery related things to feel gratitude for
• Family and friends
• Having a cosy house to live in
• The rain that fell overnight
• The lovely birds I see around my home
• The gardens and parks in my neighbourhood
• Access to uplifting music
• Having got a good report on my cat’s health when I took him to the vet for a check up and vaccinations a few days ago. He is 14 so it was particularly reassuring to hear all is good.
Once I got started with listing things to feel gratitude for I came up with many more things, both small and large. I also thought of things I don’t
have for which I also feel gratitude. Lots of people have a winter cold or the flu at the moment and I am fortunate that I don’t. Sometimes I forget to be grateful for what I don’t have.
All in all there is plenty to feel gratitude for. The more one thinks about the positives in one’s life, the longer the list gets.
252697 - 2023-07-18 07:40:49