Apple cider vinegar also known ACV, is a type of vinegar made from cider or apple must and is of a pale yellow colour. You might use it in salad dressings, marinades or vinaigrettes however it can also be used to treat many common ailments
Read below to find out how this common kitchen staple can be useful around the house.
1. Weight loss: Diluting two tablespoons of ACV with water and drinking it daily can help boost metabolism and make you feel full for longer.
2. Digestion: One of the ingredients of ACV is ‘pectin’ which is a soluble fibre found in apples and this can help maintain good digestion. The phrase “An Apple a day can keep the doctor away makes more sense now”.
3. Teeth and Gums: Gargling some every morning will help to kill bacteria and remove stains so you can flash those pearly whites more often.
4. Energy: ACV breaks down the lactic acid that can cause cramps and fatigue so have a few drops every day.
5. Sunburn: Applying a generous amount of ACV onto a cool wet cloth and wiping the affected area can relieve the discomfort caused by being outside for too long as ACV draws out the heat leaving the skin cooler.
6. Hair rinse: Diluting half a cup of ACV with cool water and use it as a rinse after you have shampooed your hair. Your hair will be soft and shiny and a lot more manageable