Sometimes it is difficult to get and stay motivated. If something is important to you you need a plan for achieving it but you also need to keep balance in your life to avoid burn out. The following tips may help.
1. Look after your physical and mental health Eat a healthy diet, get some exercise and remember to get enough sleep every night. It is paramount that you take time to rest and have fun so you donít suffer burn out.
2. Keep in mind†why†you are doing it It might be to learn something, improve your health, to provide for your family, get a qualification, get a different job or make money.
3. Set yourself goals Keep them realistic and achievable so you donít feel overwhelmed. Limit the number of goals.
4. Keep your focus on your goals It is easy to get distracted by other things. Plan regular time working toward your goal/s. Set up a timetable or whatever you need so you allocate sufficient time to your goals.
5. Remember past successes to boost your confidence Think of what you have achieved in the past.
Keep a personal, for your eyes only, brag book. Fill it with anything to remind you of past successes, praise and thanks from others. For more details check out†Two visual ways to boost your self confidence
6. Reward yourself for achieving each step Instead of waiting until you have completed the whole course or finished renovating the house, give yourself small rewards along the way. Choose a reward that works for you. It may be something small but make sure itís something you enjoy.
7. Avoid competing against others If relevant, try to improve your own performance, rather than competing against others. Keep a record of your own achievements.
8. Play music you enjoy while working on your project Choose music that works for you. Sometimes upbeat music really helps to keep you going.
9. Get inspiration from others Read inspiring quotes, listen to podcasts or watch inspiring videos on the internet. Talk to people who have done what you are working on and pick up some tips and encouragement.
10. Keep balance in your life Your goal of gaining a qualification, renovating the house, saving money or building your own business may be very important. However, keeping balance in your life is more important. Keep in touch with friends and family and take care of all aspects of your health. Enjoy the journey.