Image Courtesy of Arvind Balaraman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
We all love mum, and want to make her extra special on Mothers Day as a pay back for all that she goes through for us. The sacrifices she makes for us, and most importantly all the love and affection she gives us.
So this Mothers Day, I ventured out and spoke to some mums, and asked them what would be the best gift they would receive on their special day, and here are the responses.
1. I would love it if my husband and children could prepare a yummy meal for me, and serve it with love together with a bottle of wine.
2. For me an actual Mothers Day gift would be being with her, and spending that time exclusively for her.
3. Going out with the family, and doing an activity that makes my child happy would be the best gift I would receive for Mothers Day.
4. Having said that, Mothers Day doesnít mean much to me personally; but I would think the best gift would be to find out the one thing that makes your mum the happiest, and then do/give that to her.
5. Give the entire day to her. Let her sleep the day through or go for shopping. She should be given the freedom to do what she wants, and not be judged - be it even wearing a bikini and walking on the roof. Being able to give this one day to her, and for her to do what she wants makes her see the amount of love and confidence her child/children and partner have on/for her.
6. An appointment booked at the spa on Mothers Day, and not just a coupon which I hardly find time to redeem.
7. I have been wanting to buy a cake mixer for a while. Trying to make cakes with the hand mixer is quite difficult.
8. A perfect Mothers Day gift would be to have a relaxing day with my girlfriends watching a movie and sipping a drink. I would love my children to organise something like that.
9. A Mothers Day gift should make my life easy. They know how much I sweat out for them in the kitchen. I would love an appliance in the kitchen that would make my life easier there.
10. Absolute quality time with just my kids. Me and them doing anything that would make us happy.