Housework is something that absolutely no one likes to do. Sure you may like the feeling after itís finished and your home is organised, but you still have to scrub the toilet to get to that point. Here are some things you can do to your home to minimize the amount of cleaning required to get it looking ship-shape.
1. Install wooden flooring. If you have carpets, you are just creating hours of back-breaking vacuuming and scrubbing on your hands and knees to remove those stains. All the cleaning youíll have to do is a quick once over with the mop and youíre done. Itís a no brainer.
2. Put away your clutter. The more things your have out on display, the more things to collect dust so buy some boxes or cupboards and put things away! A more stylish option to storage is to find a trunk or chest of some kind and use it as a coffee table or at the end of your bed.
3. Use rugs for zoning. To zone off areas like the living and dining areas, use rugs or animal hide mats. These are great for protecting the integrity of your floorboards and can be cleaned super easily by simply shaking them off outside.
4. Use a Laundry basket. Itís a simple way to make sure thereís no unsightly pile of dirty clothes between washing days.
5. Avoid fabric light shades. Fabric light shades catch dust really easily and are a nightmare to clean. Instead, go for a light that is made from a material which is easy to wipe down with a damp cloth.
Using these 5 tips will help you to minimise the amount of time you spend cleaning your house and doing those annoying household chores and get back to enjoying the your home.