There is a technique called Neuro Linguistic Programming in which emotions can be mastered using physical terms. This may sound confusing, but it involves mentally noticing how you feel an emotion and consciously changing its code..
How it's Done
1. Notice an emotion that doesn't sit right with you and give it a name. Is it Anxiety? Melancholy? Anger?
2. Close your eyes and try and focus on that emotion in its purest form.
3. Think about how it feels. Where is it in your body? What does it look like? If it had a colour, what colour would it be? If it had a texture, what texture would it have? How big is it?
4. Once you have answered the aforementioned questions, you can manipulate the feeling. Change its texture, colour and size to whatever makes the feeling less overpowering.
5. Repeat the process this time, except replace the negative emotion with a positive emotion. Again, you can manipulate this positive feeling once it has been rewarded with physicality. Change its form, colour and size so the feeling feels ten times stronger than it was before.
6. You can even swap the codes over by replacing the negative emotion with the positive emotion.
7. Imagine yourself in a location where you feel the positive emotion radiating out of every cell of your being. Alter its brightness and perspective to make the feeling stronger. Give it a soundtrack if you want to.
8. Take a mental snapshot of that image to bring up at any time you need.