Recently this leafy green has become quite popular as a Superfood and is being touted as the “Queen of Greens”.
Read below to find the benefits of including this nutritional powerhouse into your diet.
• Kale has no fat- This alone should be a good reason to include it into your diet. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content.
• Has a high iron content - kale has more iron than beef. Iron is vital for good health, such as the formation of haemoglobin, transporting oxygen to various parts of the body, cell growth, proper liver function and more.
• Has a high Vitamin A content- Vitamin A is great for your skin, your vision and helps to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.
• Kale is high in Vitamin C -This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
• Has a high Calcium content – Kale has comparatively more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism.
• It is a great detox food - Kale is filled with fiber and sulphur, which are great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy.
• It tastes super delicious – As if the reason above aren’t enough to make you try this, it also tastes super delicious.
So, why not start including this delicious Superfood into your diet and reap the benefits?