Act like a creative person until it becomes a habit “Image courtesy of Victor Habbick / FreeDigitalPhotos.net"
We are all creative in our unique way. We can bring creativity alive by replicating the habits of highly successful creative people.
Here are the 5 habits of highly creative people to learn from.
1. Be curious. Be curious about everything and anything. Creative people dare to challenge the status quo by asking, “why not” and “what if” to explore solutions from different perspectives. If you want to find new solutions to an old problem, then you will have to explore new angles of a problem by asking the right questions to trigger the creative side of your brain.
2. Dare to be different. In order to innovate, creative individuals dare to stand out and think differently. They bend the rules and they take risks. We can learn a thing or two from the world respected creative genius, Steve Jobs who believes that he can change the world. Here is one of my favourite quotes by Steve Jobs: “Everything around you that you call life was made up by the people that were no smarter than you and you can change it. You can influence it. You can build your own things that other people can use.”
3. Be spontaneous. When you are inspired by a new thought, be spontaneous and act on it. Do not be afraid of the outcomes. Dare to make mistakes. Whenever you try to do something new and failed, treat it is a learning experience of what did not work. As in the words of Thomas Edison, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
4. Be optimistic. A creative individual sees an opportunity in every difficulty. Being positive can increase your ability to think creatively. Remove self-limiting beliefs.
5. Be an observer. Train yourself to be an observer by taking time and paying attention to your surroundings. By increasing your power of observations, you might draw some inspirations from smaller details which you might not normally notice. Jot them down in a journal or notepad.
Stretch your creative muscles and make things happen. Live your life creatively.